Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Casper Casper is offline

Default metal sinning lathe machine

I took a metal spinning class a couple of years ago. We used Jet Mini-
Lathes for the work. I think any good woodturning lathe can be used,
but if you are going to go into production of spun metal pieces. I
would recommend obtaining a specially designed metal spinning lathe
and they will be expensive.

Since taking the class, I've spun several little bowls on my Nova DVR.
It worked fine. I didn't have any disks that were up to 12", but I
think the DVR would have done an excellent job. Incidentally, the Jet
Mini's only went down to about 500 rpm, which seemed to be slow
enough.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net

Fred,

I've been considering trying metal spinning on my Jet mini. Any tips?
What to watch out for? Best things to start with? I was going to start
small. Recommended starter projects??

Thanks!
`Casper