Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default FS - Variety of stuff

That's a very practical adaptation of the General-type drill sharpening
fixture, Al.

It addresses the motor center height requirement and the needed adjustable
base of the fixture.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"AL A" wrote in message
Hi all,

*homemade drill grinder:
Built around the standard "General tool" drill sharpening jig (this is a
Sears Craftsman brand one) this worked better than using the jig with a
bench grinder. The distance to the wheel is adjusted with the knob on the
end, which turns a small "leadscrew" under the base. I used this for quite
a while until I got a T&C grinder. Like all of these jigs, it takes some
fiddling to get the knack, but does an OK job for those of us who never
seem to "get" hand grinding.
pic he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/P4190022.jpg

Pretty heavy, might be unreasonably costly to ship. $20.00

Thanks for looking.
-Al