Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door opener

Smitty Two wrote:
y'all babbled about this stuff and now here's my babbling:

I have to opine, a garage door opener is a power tool. I wouldn't
operate it from beyond my direct line-of-sight anymore than I would turn
on the table saw and walk out of the room.

IOW, I don't need no stinking electronic sensors to keep me from killing
some kid, I was born with a pair of organic sensors that are sufficient
for the task.

Ya know, I was just thinking. There are water safety
and swimming classes for small children, why not have
"THIS CAN KILL YOU, YOU LITTLE BRAT!" classes for small
children. I can envision mockups of garage doors, buckets,
automobiles, etc that have electrodes that will administer
electric shocks to the little tykes whenever they do a
"No No" around one of these dangerous items. Guns would
be another fun thing to teach them to avoid. A few stun
grenades going off around a gun cabinet might dissuade
a wandering munchkin from thinking it's a toy box. There
are ways to keep younglings safe, it's called teaching.

TDD