Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Can a pool robot do the job of a regular filtration system?

On May 8, 2:27*pm, "scorpster" wrote:

I'll use a pool cleaning robot instead to suck up leaves and dirt that fall
inside. *But can these things do the whole job in a large pool? *Can they
keep up with keeping the pool clean without excessive maintenance?

No. Most robots rely on the filter system of the pool, for "power"
and filtering. Those equipped with "filters" aren't going to filter
very fine particulate.

What is
considered the best model these days as a filter system replacement?

Whatever worked in the past, usually.

I looked at an *old* pool that was @25x50x10' with a real "deep end".
The "pump house" was a good 100' distant.

As I think I understand it, the height of the pump relative to the
waterline and outlets are of consideration.
-----

- gpsman