Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default help with siding repair plan

In article ,
"cshenk" wrote:

wrote

would be a lot of work and expense. What I was thinking instead was
to cut off the bottom 12" of the siding with my circ saw. Then stick
some z-flashing up there, nail it in through the siding panels, and
then stick a piece of 5/8" 1x12 hardiboard (or equivalent) under the

Yes, it will work. You just need to create that gap above the water area.
The same fellows who vinyl sided my house did a 'patch job' down the street
much like this. They did it with a contrasting vinyl and matched the upper
trim work discretely to it and it looks very very nice. Done almost 10
years ago and looks like new.

You wouldn't have any pictures of that, would you? A friend of mine
lives in a condo and they're looking at a $3 million tag to replace all
the T1-11 on 160 units because the bottom couple of inches is rotting.