Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Micro-biocide furnace filters.

On May 9, 10:49*am, "
wrote:
The guy who repaired my parents furnance suggested micro-biocide
filters. I usually buy *the pleated type *for them at Lowes or Depot
for about $15.00 a pop, but I don't know if they are treated or not.
He also suggested buying an electrostatic air filter unit which
attaches to the furnace for addtional filtration. From what I've read,
older homes or ducts *(my parents house is 60 years old) aren't
designed *to work well with these.Any suggestions? Thanks.

The Flanders Natural Aire are a much better deal than the $15 paper
ones.

As for internal air quality, opening a few windows daily all year does
more to improve indoor air than any filter, biocide, etc. can ever
hope to do.