Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Central AC UV filter

RBM wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
.. .
I have had one for 4 years and it works. It is installed above the coil and
it is on all the time.
Steve

"RBM" wrote in message
A customer of mine inquired about a UV filter to install in or on a
central AC air handler to kill mold growing inside the cabinet and duct.
Is anyone familiar with these, that can give me any detail on how and when
they are used and work.

tia, Roy

What is it's intended function? Is it designed to kill mold, or is it an air
purification system? Do you have the name and model of the unit?

It kills stuff. It does not filter out any dust, pollen, dead bacteria
carcasses, etc. so is usually used upstream of a filter.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel