Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dpydotsmw@hotmail.com is offline

Default Nicotine on the ceiling

On 9 May, 17:14, Mike wrote:
I have a very smoke laden room to paint. The ceiling is quite brown
all over except above the fireplace where there is a large area where
it is really dark with nicotine ....... you know the sort .... like
where you see an old smoker's fingertips dark and engrained with the
stuff.

I am pretty sure just painting brill white vinyl matt on it will just
loosen it all to give a lovely streaky brown mess.
I have steamed off wallpaper and watched nicotine run down the walls
.. yuk.
Will a good scrub with sugar soap be enough to get rid of it enabling
me to paint ?

Mike *P

Are you going to carry on smoking in it? The top decks of London buses
used to have their ceilings painted creamy beige so that the stains
weren't so noticeable. I always thought it was quite a nice warm color
for a ceiling.

--
Remember Dr Folkman