Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Neighbor's dead tree is leaning against my oak and threateningto fall on my property

clipped
I agree with almost everything Phisherman said, but why do you think a city
official would want or need to insert themselves into what seems to be a
dispute as between two neighbours?

It didn't sound like it was yet a "dispute". A "dangerous tree" is a
code violation in my city and the city can remove the hazard if the
owner does not. Funny how folks can post a question about a significant
matter and then "disappear" and don't answer follow-up questions. It is
conceivable that the tree is now situated such that the OP would be
responsible for removal, and not the owner of the property from whence
the tree came....we may never know. It would be interesting to hear how
it is resolved.