Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default OT Kid's project

One of the hardest skills to learn as a parent is getting out of the
way.

The irony of the job is that if you do it right, at some point, they
don't
need you anymore.

I remember the moment when I realized that. The kid was five and the
training wheels on his bike had been taken off - at his insistance. I
held
the back of the seat 'til he got some up some speed for balance. I let
go and he biked down the sidewalk. Stopping was interesting but he
managed.

He's 32 now and still working in the bike business, for a French company
(LOOK) that sells $6,000 bicycle frames - along with a lot of other high
end bikes and bike equiptment.

Seems not "hovering" is one skill required of parents. You've got to
leave them room to grow.

Thanks for the post.

charlie b