Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: It's Amusing

Tom Veatch wrote:

On Sat, 09 May 2009 02:22:58 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Using taxation policy to influence private sector behavior is one of
the basic functions of gov't, isn't it?

For good or bad, proper or improper, it's certainly turned out that
way.

However, IMO, the only proper use of the power to tax is to fund the
necessary functions of government, not to penalize me if my idea of
"what's good for me" is different from what professional politicians
want me to believe.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

Agreed!!! I have an old truck I use in my business. Runs perfectly! And Ive
owed nothing on it for over 15 years. I thought about getting a new truck
but I'd have to pay over 35,000 for what I have now. I don't care how much
gas goes up I'm still ahead of the game. Its all about economics, RIGHT???
Screw the freakin Politicians and the Government.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"