Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default OT - Capitalism in Crisis -- It's hard to run a safe bankingsystem when the central bank is recklessly easy

John R. Carroll wrote:

Do you have confidence in this economy?

No, and I won't until I see Congress step up and put a company like GM, or
really GM for starters, down like a dog.
There isn't a single reason America ought to go on the hook to create jobs
in China, Mexico or anywhere else, not in the numbers GM's latest
restructuring plan indicates. That plan says only one thing to me. GM just
doesn't get it and that means they are too stupid to survive.
Then it will be time to release the productive capital of the 19 banks just
stress tested back to the market. We have a mechanism to do this. Congress,
the Obama administration and the American public need to just suck it up,
quit crying like a bunch of Nancy boys and get the hell on with it.

I'd start with a non-bank, AIG. Have Congress pass the necessary
legistlation poste haste, authorize the money with new legistlation and then
just BK the thing the way we sieze a bank.
American's are not the ones that need a confidence transplant, it's the
banking and financial services giants.. The confidence that Citi needs to
have is that when they mess up big, the American taxpayer is going to come
in, sieze and sell their ****, kill the men, rape the women and then burn
what's left to the ground without batting an eye. Were these 19 banks to
believe that this might be their fate, they would probably alter their
conduct in the direction of prudent behavior. The banking business might go
back to being as completely dull as it was in the 40's and 50's. That would
be entirely appropriate and, to borrow a phrase from Mike Milken, I'd be
highly confident.

JC

Damned straight!

I think even I could feel good about it then.