Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Darwin[_2_] Charlie Darwin[_2_] is offline

Default It's hot inside!!!

"Dave-Morris" wrote in
message news

I have waited too long to replace my broken window a/c unit and now the
heat is on. I'm desperate.
The one I want (whirlpool 8000 BTU) claims to be Whirlpools quietest
ever. The problem is no store in Los Angeles carries it. I am going to
buy it direct from Whirlpool. Lowes and Home Depot carry the standard
6000 BTU's (and it's slim picking now) but they are all terribly LOUD.

Anyone care to comment on a good a/c unit?

Take a look at Consumer Reports. They rate many characteristics of ACs,
include noise level.