Posted to alt.home.repair
scorpster scorpster is offline

Default Can a pool robot do the job of a regular filtration system?

"Oren" wrote in message
Leslie's pool store was mentioned. My local store has "mock-ups" of
pool filter systems. Find the gallons of water in the pool (figuring
the depth also). The web has calculators , but I don't have one in a
link.

I called Leslies service dept and the first thing they asked me was how old
the pool is, whether the existing water is clean, etc. Then they said "it
needs to be re-plastered" - based on what I told them on the phone.

But the existing plaster looks fine as far as I can tell visually. Should I
be concerned with plaster for this project? I just want to make it
swimmable, not a showpiece. Is the downside to keeping the existing old
plaster that it will slowly lose water or something else related to
chemistry? If I have to replaster that would be way out of my affordability
to help my mom fix this thing up.