Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Garage door opener

wrote:

When did garage door openers come into common use? When did
the safety devices come into use? Now do the math. How many did not
die that would have otherwise?

4.4 deaths a year might seem small to you, but if it was your
child, you would likely fee different about it. At least I would hope
you would. I suspect you might also feel different it it Was a
neighbors child and your garage.

What if I reveled in my neighbor's brattish child being maimed by a falling
garage door? Would that be sufficient reason to legislate AGAINST safety
devices?

It is poor governance to make laws based on how one might feel.

Unless you're a progressive, of course.