Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Garage door opener

On Fri, 08 May 2009 14:59:39 -0500, Steve Barker

Between March 82 and November 96, 62 children under 15 have been
reported killed by garage doors.

that number is a mere nothing. We spend all this time, technology,
money, political crap for 4.4 deaths a year. I wonder how many kids are
killed or maimed by pit bulls, or wolf dogs? We don't do a dam thing
about those. In either event it all boils down to proper parental
supervision. if those 62 had been properly supervised, they'd still be
alive. Period.

When did garage door openers come into common use? When did
the safety devices come into use? Now do the math. How many did not
die that would have otherwise?

4.4 deaths a year might seem small to you, but if it was your
child, you would likely fee different about it. At least I would hope
you would. I suspect you might also feel different it it Was a
neighbors child and your garage.

The devices are not expensive. Some people intentionally
defeat them which means they are going out of their way to make their
garage door less safe. What could possibly be in their head?