Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Dave M[_2_] Dave M[_2_] is offline

Default Stewart-Warner 9104-B chassis (TV-radio combo)

The data for your 9104B TV is in Sams folder 105-10, and is available for
$7.00 directly from Sams at www.samswebsite.com. Just surf over to their
site and search for model 9104B, and you'll find it.

--
Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

One good thing about Alzheimer's; you get to meet new people every day.

"msg" wrote in message
ernet...
I have stored a Stewart-Warner 9104-B TV-radio (in a small case, not the
huge
console with phono seen in the two websites currently indexed by Google
using
"9104-B" as a search term) for a long time and am considering a
restoration.
This is a round-tube set from perhaps the late 1940s.

The chassis has a few topside rust spots (likely from mouse pee) but the
underside is quite clean and in good condition. I do not yet have the
Photofact
and would appreciate knowing the years of manufacture of this set, and if
possible what plating was used on the chassis.

The CRT's outer dag is flaking; have any of you painted dag on CRTs to
restore
the GND?

Any recommended tutorials on cabinet veneer repair and recommendations on
spot refinishing techniques?

Any chance of finding the schematic online (otherwise I'll cajole the
local public
library system into finding the SAMs)?

Any opinions on the importance of this model and the level of restoration
it
deserves? I would consider complete deconstruction and hot-dip replating
of the
chassis if it merited such treatment, otherwise I would prefer to dress it
up
with techniques of lesser magnitude.

Thanks,

Michael