Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Stewart-Warner 9104-B chassis (TV-radio combo)

I have stored a Stewart-Warner 9104-B TV-radio (in a small case, not the huge
console with phono seen in the two websites currently indexed by Google using
"9104-B" as a search term) for a long time and am considering a restoration.
This is a round-tube set from perhaps the late 1940s.

The chassis has a few topside rust spots (likely from mouse pee) but the
underside is quite clean and in good condition. I do not yet have the Photofact
and would appreciate knowing the years of manufacture of this set, and if
possible what plating was used on the chassis.

The CRT's outer dag is flaking; have any of you painted dag on CRTs to restore
the GND?

Any recommended tutorials on cabinet veneer repair and recommendations on
spot refinishing techniques?

Any chance of finding the schematic online (otherwise I'll cajole the local public
library system into finding the SAMs)?

Any opinions on the importance of this model and the level of restoration it
deserves? I would consider complete deconstruction and hot-dip replating of the
chassis if it merited such treatment, otherwise I would prefer to dress it up
with techniques of lesser magnitude.

Thanks,

Michael