Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
StephenM[_2_] StephenM[_2_] is offline

Default Well, let's talk about my new DVR

...the lathe spanned that distance. Aparently with just the bed. To me,
and with my experience with my PM and my Beauty, ...

Robo,

I've never had the opportunity to turn on a really upscale lathe. Would you
care to comment on what motivated you to upgrade from the PM to the Robust?

I currently own a Jet 1442. I hear testimonials about the DVR that indicate
that it is like "night and day" compared to the 1442. I've got to wonder
(besides the obvious: capacity, HP EVS) what it's like. The comments in this
thread shed some light on the differences bertween turning on a $1K machine
and a $2K machine. So what motivated you to upgrade from $3K machine to a
$6K machine?

Curiously,

Steve