Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default HF Multifunction tool

David Nebenzahl wrote:

The real question is what attachments are available and for how
much. IIRC HF only has a few blades. Adding a full set of Fein
accessories to it is going to run that 40 bucks up right quick. Whether
it's going to run it up to more than the "Top" kit from Fein
I don't know offhand.

But what about the Dremel stuff? Remember that there are now lots of
players in this game. HeyBub tells us that the HD tool takes at least
some of the Dremel bits and cutters.

Yep. I've bought the Dremel flat saw blade and the 270° blade. Both fit the
HF.

Interestingly, neither "blade" has a kerf. Nor do they have sharpened faces.
The business end of each blade is merely a flat piece of metal that looks as
if it was cut with the equivalent of pinking shears!

Shucks, you could make your own with a (classic) dremel, or refurbish one
that was worn out. I'm gonna try that on the next blade that wears down.