Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Compressors - drain every day or leave pressured?

Mike wrote:
OK, I finally figured out my compressor purchase and went with the
Campbell Hausfield 60 gal upright - Lowes was even nice enough to part
with it for $399 (gloat?)

The manual says that the tank should be drained daily. I'm wondering
what people usually do with their large compressors... do you drain
the tank every day, or just leave it pumped up so it's ready when you
need it?

I installed one of the Harbor Freight "Automatic Compressor Drain Kit"
on mine. It opens momentarily each time the compressor starts or stops.

Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA