Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Routing small pieces

Like others said, make a sled that you can clamp the piece on to.

Another approach to small pieces is to do some or all of the work on a
larger piece and then cut it down. Like when you do the moded edge of
a wide board and then rip off the edge to be used as a thin piece of
modling. So maybe you could cut rabbets on two sides of a wider piece
first and then rip it down into several smaller drawer fronts. then do
the other cuts.

I said wider because its best to do the cross cuts first on a wider
piece and then rip down and do the long grain cuts.

On May 8, 9:52*am, scritch wrote:
I have 40+ small pieces of wood to rout rabbets in and need some advice
as to how to safely hold the work. *They are 2-3/4 x 3 x 5/8, small
drawer fronts, and I need to rout 7/16 x 7/16 rabbets in 3 sides of each
one.

Any suggestions or links?