Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

Default Doors and Out of Plumb Walls

In ,
Upscale dropped this bit of wisdom:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
We've got a prehung door in the house now that is less than a year
old that's already having trouble shutting. Either it wasn't
installed straight enough or the hinges were insufficient for the
load.

Any chance it's caused by wood shrinkage/movement or can you now see
some space between hinge leaves?

Like Puckdropper, I have much the same problem. My slab is still perfect (steel), however, the lock side jamb has warped such that it takes some grunting to open or close. I have tried the big screw to the problem area with no improvement. Anyone know of a good way to prevent this happening that I can apply to my new pre-hung door??

P D Q