Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Compressors - drain every day or leave pressured?

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On May 8, 6:35 am, Mike wrote:

I see no justification to subject the tank unnecessarily through
inflation/deflation cycles.
I'm reasonably certain that by 'draining' they mean the water from the
bottom of the tank. Always a good habit.
Buy a fitting which will allow you to attach a swaged line (think
brake line from the auto parts store) and run it up along the side to
the top of the tank where it is easily accessible. Install a ball
valve (as per Leon) up there. If you want to get fancy, attach a small
swan neck to the ball-valve so you can conveniently catch the water as
it comes out.

I have kicked around the idea of making the valve a bit more accessible but
I think you are going to have to have a high volume release to persuade
water to go up a line and out. If you simply let the air trickle the water
is probably not going to be completely drained once the bottom of the tank
is empty, I suspect that the vertical line would retain water.