Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Compressors - drain every day or leave pressured?

On May 8, 8:44*am, Sonny wrote:
My tank remains under pressure all the time. *I use it nearly every
day. *I not only do woodwork and refinishing, but upholstery, also.
No need to drain the tank completely of air, just the condensation. *I
would think the same would be in order for you, especially for a 60
gal tank. *As Mike says, always drain before spraying finishes.
Otherwise, drain it often, at least weekly if you maintain the
pressure.

When I drain water, almost daily, I have a flag dangling near my tank
valve as a reminder to oil my air tools, also. *This tool maintenance
has become as routine as the tank draining has.

Token: *What I hate are the air leaks from the hose connections. *Some
connections are worse than others, depending on the tool.

Sonny

I put a bottle of tool-lube on top of my stash of nail-clips. I reload
the nailer, I lube.