Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Compressors - drain every day or leave pressured?

"Mike" wrote in message
OK, I finally figured out my compressor purchase and went with the
Campbell Hausfield 60 gal upright - Lowes was even nice enough to part
with it for $399 (gloat?)

The manual says that the tank should be drained daily. I'm wondering
what people usually do with their large compressors... do you drain
the tank every day, or just leave it pumped up so it's ready when you
need it?

I drain mine periodically - if by "drain", you mean draining out the water
from the tank. Always at the beginning of a paint job, periodically when
using my air tools. I keep saying I'm going to install a sniffer system to
blow it off every time it cycles, to prevent water build up, but so far I
haven't done so. As for simply draining the pressure off (if that's what
you mean...), don't bother. No point at all in doing that. My compressor
stays charged 100% of the time.

--

-Mike-