Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Capitalism in Crisis -- It's hard to run a safe banking system when the central bank is recklessly easy

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
John R. Carroll wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Joseph Gwinn wrote:
The title is the thesis. About the author:

Mr. Posner is a federal circuit judge and a senior lecturer at the
University of Chicago Law School. He is the author of the
just-published "A Failure of Capitalism: The Crisis of '08 and the
Descent into Depression" (Harvard University Press).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124165301306893763.html

The Wall Street Journal, 7 May 2009, page A17.

Joe Gwinn

Fascinating...

Perhaps, but it's largely nonsensical and in some instances, just
innacurate.
Posner apparently doesn't understand what constitutes a "demand deposit"
account.

He's right about one thing, at least. What we are seeing in the worlds of
finance and economics coldn't have happened without the active and
passive assistance of government.

JC

John (et al),

At what point does it become possible to "just say no" to government
involvement?

I'm not sure I understand your question but Tim Geithner spelled out
Treasury's position fairly well yesterday.
http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/10278

He seems to be finding his legs, so to say, in public appearances.

JC