Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jimmyDahGeek@gmail.com is offline

Default help with siding repair plan

On May 7, 4:50*pm, wrote:
My house has plywood siding. *It's that reverse board and batten look
stuff in 4x8 sheets. *One of the problems it has is that on an
addition it was run all the way down to the ground. *Unsurprisingly,
the siding wicked water over the years and is rotting and falling
apart along the ground line.

I had the same problem. A builder cut the bottom 2' off as you are
describing. He then installed metal drip, like they install over
window and then cut pieces of siding to fit below. It looks good and
is working out great. Good luck, let me know if you would like me to
send you a picture of the repair.