Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default Logistics of shipping a mill from Illinois, some advise please!

"trg-s338" wrote in message
Interested in a mill that is in Illinois. Weight is under 4000 lbs.
What is the cheapest way to get it shipped to me in southern
California? I'd be willing to pick it up from a truck depot, say in
Anaheim or Orange, CA. Aren't there networks that arrange "rideshare"
on shipments across the country as oppose to standard (expensive)
rigging and moving companies? I won't have the time to run a trailer
to Chicago and back. The cost of shipping may exceed the cost of the
used mill. Just trying to find creative ways around that. Thanks for
your advise.

Call a broker.
They place loads.
Palletized stuff that can go in closed trailers is cheaper.
You'll have to Air-Ride it if there are electronics.

JC