Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_20_] Tim[_20_] is offline

Default Cylinder head question

"stryped" wrote in message

It is ok to put new seals? There are deposits, rust on the valves int
he head. SO you are sayign to bolt on as is?

No one can tell you that with certainty, without closely inspecting the
heads. But there is probably a 90% chance or better, that you would be just
fine.

However, as much as you have scrutinized this project, I doubt you will be
comfortable until you do a clean and lap.

So either power wash the head completely assembled, and dry thoroughly, or
disassemble the heads, marking the heads and valves to assure the same valve
goes back in the same hole, power wash, lap and reassemble. Do not mix the
valves, do not change the guides.

The valves will clean very well on a bench grinder with a wire wheel. Be
very careful cleaning down in the valve bowel and do not scratch a valve
seat.

Just decide and get to it, I expect you to have this finished last week end.