Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default residential septic system question

Shy Picker wrote:
On May 7, 11:08 am, "John D99" wrote:
I've got a standard resisdential septic system. It was installed 6 1/2 years
ago, I live outisde of Colorado Springs. The diagram I have for the system
shows one holding tank, with a line going out to the leach field.

My question is, if I dig down to the lids on the holding tank, is it
possible to check the solids level to determine if I need the thing pumped
out?

I wouldn't do that myself. The one's I've seen have a heavy concrete
lid that takes a pretty good machine to lift off.

believe me the septic tank pumping guys don't have a crane. You can
lift the lid by hand.