Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default residential septic system question

John D99 wrote:
I've got a standard resisdential septic system. It was installed 6 1/2 years
ago, I live outisde of Colorado Springs. The diagram I have for the system
shows one holding tank, with a line going out to the leach field.

My question is, if I dig down to the lids on the holding tank, is it
possible to check the solids level to determine if I need the thing pumped
out?

Yes, you could determine that if you wanted to. BUT once you've dug the
lid open, just have it pumped. It should be done every three years anyway.