Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob G[_3_] Rob G[_3_] is offline

Default Nuisance phone calls - how to stop them?

On 2009-05-07, mark wrote:

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Eusebius wrote:

What to do about this - ideas?

There's a device developed to help.

orhttp://www.truecall.co.uk

--
Adrian C

Is there anyway to block 'Number Withheld' calls, *ie., without the phone
ringing.

If you do this, it is likely your Doctor, the emergency services and so on
will not be able to call you.

--
* * * * * * "It would be thought a hard government that should
* * * * * * *tax its people one tenth part." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Your insurance company, your daughter phoning from work .... the list
goes on. Not a good idea.

And don't be a smart arse and say you don't have an insurance company
or a daughter - I'm just quoting those as an example of the fact that
nearly all businesses withhold their number.

Rob