Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default lcd power supply works when heated

wrote:
I thought that perhaps I could isolate it by heating or cooling parts
until the unit started or stopped working. I tried using a soldering
iron for heating, and canned air for cooling, but neither had a clear
effect. Is there any other technique I might use for heating or
cooling individual parts?

Hairdryers on low are good if you're careful not to overheat components.
You can localise the area heated by cutting a hole of the desired size
in a sheet of cardboard & using it as a mask to shield the rest of the PCB.

If you haven't already done so, look for dry joints in the PSU.