Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default plow design

What's that Lassie? You say that Randy Replogle fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Wed, 06 May 2009 20:56:11 -0400:

dan wrote:
I would like to make a small plow to break up the sod at the edge of a
dirt road that I am trying to grade and crown.

Go to a "farm store" and see what is available in plowshares, disks,
etc. Might give you some ideas.
RR

I've looked online, and didn't find anything that I thought would
work. Most farm plows haven a three point hitch for use with a
tractor. And all the horse drawn plows require a person to steer it.

I need to drive the Jeep, so I can't guide the plow. I can only tow
the plow with a strap or chain so it will need to be made to follow
without guidance(other than the direction of pull).

I was thinking of something like a large fishhook, with a cross bar to
keep the point down(vertical).

--

Dan H.