Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Drawer stops

Mark & Juanita wrote:

the drawer groove. What I was struggling with was depth control with back
stops. I don't need the top stop (the drawers are flush to the dust
skirts, but attaching a tuned block to the back drawer is exactly what I
needed.

Picked up the "block with flat head screw for drawer depth adjustment"
from the old cabinet maker I worked for in England some 45 years ago.
His family had been making cabinets and furniture for over 200 years and
he was an encyclopedia of similar wisdom.

I'm certain that he would be tickled/proud to know that it has been
passed on.

Unfortunately we are losing much practical wisdom in this supposed "age
of enlightenment".

BTW, saw where the average IQ in the US has has supposedly dropped to 98
.... nothing surprising about that, eh?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08