Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What I found under the ivy...

On Wed, 6 May 2009 01:51:02 -0700 (PDT), eden wrote:

*I'm more concerned that the OP says on the flickr pages "Green wire
going into ground (from plug inside) - is this the earth one?"

Plug inside, *this earth connection can be unplugged, EEEK!

Sorry, does not compute..... it goes to the plug inside that sits next
to the meter - doesnt that earth the whole lot?

It's the use of the word "plug". That to me is the thing on the end of a
cable that is designed to be detached from a "socket". The earth should be
permanently and securely connected at all times, no way should there be
any ability to "unplug" it and thus disconnect the earth.

--
Cheers
Dave.