Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Best way to tighten / loosen faucet locknuts ??

On May 3, 10:38*am, fftt wrote:
On May 3, 5:49*am, "Smarty" wrote:

I am trying to replace a faucet installed on a small bathroom vanity, and
the locknuts holding the faucet in place are very difficult to reach.

For anyone who has worked underneath sinks and replaced faucets, it is
usually tight quarters and hard to reach. It is especially hard *to hold a
basin wrench or other tool in just the right position in order to apply
torque.

I have seen ads for a device called the Basin Buddy which is a patented,
supposedly universal basin nut wrench which claims to make the job much
easier:

http://www.wal-rich.com/BasinBuddyPage.pdf

Does anybody here have an opinion about this product or any other better
method of removing and tightening these locknuts?

Many thanks.

Looks like a "special shape" *crowsfoot and would be worthwhile but
I'm not a fan of plastic tools. *

for removal, I'd suggest squirting the connection with a penetrating
oil / *lubricant *and let it work. * Then just struggle with a basin
wrench, but a good one...like a Rigid.

Tightening nuts for a new faucet usually doesn't require enough torque
to need a wrench.

cheers
Bob

My bad...as another poster noted, the literature says "machined from
anodized aluminum".

More likely machined & then anodized (but my money is on die casting
not maching)

cheers
Bob