Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawer stops

Swingman wrote:

.... snip

Sorry about that ... here is what a "button", used on the back of a
drawer to stop it from being pulled all the way out, looks like:

http://e-woodshop.net/files/button.jpg

Just use a single screw so that you reach inside the drawer and turn it
out of the way when you want to pull the drawer out.

Thanks for that, coincidentally, I've been trying to determine how to
install stops on the drawers for my end tables (yeah, I'm still working
that project -- life has gotten in the way of spending a lot of shop time
to finish). The drawers are only 3 1/2" tall, so I can't get an arm in
back to install the stops. I overcame the issue for the wooden drawer
guides by installing them before carcase assembly and will fit by tuning
the drawer groove. What I was struggling with was depth control with back
stops. I don't need the top stop (the drawers are flush to the dust
skirts, but attaching a tuned block to the back drawer is exactly what I
needed.

TIP: by gluing/screwing a mating block above the drawer in the
appropriate place, you can allow the drawer to be opened only as far as
desired. I use this in cases where a fully opened drawer may interfere
with a cabinet door, like in a corner cabinet situation.

Simple, effective, elegant, and as old as the hills.