Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_2_] Gerry[_2_] is offline

Default Lathes

On May 5, 12:58*pm, steamer wrote:
* * * * --Hoping to get something a little larger than my Myford Super 7 and
this one caught my eye; more for price than anything else:http://precisionmatthews.com/PM1236Lathe.html
* * * * I'm curious to know if anyone has experience with these machines;
are they any good or are they typical Chinese crap?

--
* * * * "Steamboat Ed" Haas * * * * : *Imagine what I could do if
* * * * Hacking the Trailing Edge! *: *I knew what I was doing...

I have the PM 1340 with the DRO. Have been very pleased with it.
Instructions that came with it are vague at best. Assembly is like
putting a jigsaw puzzle without know what the picture should look
like. Needs a lot of TLC in setting up but once done it operates very
well. I do have to say that several emails to the dealer concerning
assembly questions have gone un-answered.