Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone have a Filtrete under-sink water filter?

On Tue 05 May 2009 02:59:33p, Pete C. told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I'm planning to replace our countertop water filter with an undersink
model. The Filtrete under-sink filter looks like it would do the job
and also easy to install. We have plastic plumbing lines, so that's a
strong consideration from an installation perspective.

http://www.filtersfast.com/3M-Filtre...ter-System.asp

Looks like a pretty simple filter. Have you considered an RO filter? I
used to use a GE one at my previous place with icky city water.

Installation on all of these is pretty simple no matter what your
plumbing is, you just have to purchase the correct fittings. An RO
filter does need one more connection, to the drain for reject water, but
that is minimal fuss.

Yes, actually we did give RO a brief consideration, but eliminated it for
several reasons. We had it in a previous house and did not particularly
like it. Also, I don't want to devote the space to a storage tank, and
also don't want to add any more water (from the backflush) to our septic
system.

Thanks for the suggestion, however. I'm sure it's a good choice for many
people.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Proust had his madeleines; I am devastated by the scent of yeast