Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default Lathes

Steamer sez: "I'm curious to know if anyone has experience with these machines;
are they any good or are they typical Chinese crap?"

I have had an MSC geared head 13 x 40 lathe, #951735 for over 20 years and it has given good
service. Externally, it looks very much like the 12 x 36 pictured in the link given. The MSC model
at the time of purchase was made in Taiwan under the name Dashin Prince from the Yang Sheng
Machinery Co.

My "iron experience" which includes a Comet mill and a mill drill is all with Taiwan stuff. Ymmv
with mainland China - dunno.

Bob Swinney

"steamer" wrote in message ...
--Hoping to get something a little larger than my Myford Super 7 and
this one caught my eye; more for price than anything else:
http://precisionmatthews.com/PM1236Lathe.html

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Imagine what I could do if
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : I knew what I was doing...