Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What I found under the ivy...

On Tue, 5 May 2009 16:43:38 +0100, Bob Mannix wrote:

Have had a further dig and the green wire is connected to a metal
spike thing in the earth. Surely the cable will weather if exposed
like this??

It's fine and how it is normally done (except perhaps a little neater).

Thes days I thought the top of the spie had to be ina one of those "earth
spike" housings fo inspection/testing. Of course these modern things tend
not to be retrospective... I'm more concerened that the OP says on the
flickr pages "Green wire going into ground (from plug inside) - is this
the earth one?"

Plug inside, this earth connection can be unplugged, EEEK!

The brown wires look more like your incoming supply from the overhead
cables at the end property.

It's odd that there appears to be another overhead incomer just to the
right of where the cables bend left under the pebble dash but the cables
from this incomer head off to the right.

--
Cheers
Dave.