Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default reversing my shopsmith

On Tue, 5 May 2009 9:46:28 -0500, mac davis wrote
(in message ):

On Mon, 4 May 2009 22:47:54 -0500, tom koehler
wrote:

Couple things, being a SS junkie:

Sand your bowls then mount on the back spindle for reverse?

that is what I have done in the past, and it works but is an aggravation, as
I have to dismount the bandsaw drive nut from the back spindle.

Put a speed reducer on your wish list, or spend about the same amount for a
jet
mini.. ;-]

I do have a speed reducer unit, and this is the impetus for the reversing
switch. I can now reverse the work piece without dismounting the speed
reducer and moving it to the rear shaft, etc., etc.

As my shop space is extremely limited and my interests widely sweeping the
whole sawdust spectrum, another machine in my basement is out of the
question, no matter how good the machine is.

You make good points, all the same. Thanks.
tom k.

--
I will find a way or make one.