Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Christopher Zona Christopher Zona is offline

Default reversing my shopsmith

On May 4, 8:04*pm, tom koehler
wrote:
I know the ShopSmith is not the best tool in the world, but for my situation,
it is. That said, I have learned to accommodate some of its shortcomings, and
have worked on overcoming some of the others. To that end, I finally got
around to wiring up a 4-way switch so that I can now reverse its rotation for
sanding my turnings. I'm makin' sawdust in two directions, now, and likin'
it.
You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. Just had to
gloat.
tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.

Never underestimate the flexibility of a ShopSmith. When you're
working in a garage shop and the wife still wants to put the car in
there in the winter, the ShopSmith works wonders.

With a little ingenuity, you can figure out how to hook up all sorts
of components, especially with the older units made in the fifties. I
have been able to connect a small band saw and a small 4" jointer to
mine.