Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default Planning/Building Regs for Outbuilding

On Tue, 5 May 2009 08:48:54 +0100, "Ray"
wrote:

"TheScullster" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi all

Just info seeking really.
I am in need of a bigger shed for lawn mower, garden tools etc (currently
using 14 year old wendy house .
What are the size restrictions, if any, and at what point to planning/BCO
need involving?
The likelihood is this will be an off-the-shelf timber item.
I've heard bad reports of sheet steel items with condensation etc (bad
news for tools, stored seeds etc)
What if I went for a detached single brick built structure - I'm not
talking huge, just decent potting shed size, maybe 3m x 2m max plan dims.

TIA

Phil

You only need planning / building regs if the total area exceeds 30sqm or it
is built within 5 metres of the house over 4metres high, you will not need
any, so go ahead.

You may need planning permission if the building is near a boundary. I
suggest you ask your local planning department.

Best to lay 100mm foundation floor on top of 6" hardcore and sand blinding,
dont forget the 1000gauge membrane, then build your brickwork or blockwork
off the floor.

--
(\__/) M.