Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default How to make a cutting board

On May 4, 9:02*am, Sasha wrote:
After having a doizen or so comercial cutting boards split and thrown
into trash I want to make my own. Can someone give me guidance how to
make it so it won't split, how to finish it, if it at all, etc. Most
important for me is it shoiuld be very durable as I don't want to make
it every month. I plan using maple to make it.

Is this a cutting board for 'work' or 'looks'?
If it is for work, a slab of polyethelene is the best choice. Won't
hurt your knives and is food safe.
Wooden boards need to be looked after with more care and make sure you
use food-safe adhesives and finishes. That also means NEVER to use
peanut oil to finish your board.