Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Road signs

On Sun, 3 May 2009 21:36:08 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 May 2009 16:46:56 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 May 2009 22:27:49 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message
om...

Cyclists don't have to be identifiable & traceable. Mororists do.

Motorists don't.. the cars do.

Motorists do.

Car drivers don't.
Only PSV drivers have identification "plates" they have to wear.

But a motorist still has to be named if their identity is requested from
he
registered keeper of the vehicle - a cyclist carries no identifying marks
on their cycle so cannot be traced in the same way.

However they can be traced.

And how is a cyclist that rides across a pedestrian crossing causing
pedestrians to jump out of the way to be traced? With no markings on their
"vehicle", unless someone actually manages to catch up and stop them or
they stand out in some particular way, they are unlikely ever to be traced,
whereas with a car, they can be traced later via the registration plate.

I have certainly reported a bad driver and had the police follow it up from
his registration number. I have had no way to do the same with a bad
cyclist.

SteveW