Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Lawn mower question

A gear inside the crankcase.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"ransley" wrote in message
On May 3, 1:53 pm, "DanG" wrote:
It would need to be pretty old to use an air vane
governor/rev-limiter. Haven't seen one for years.

I suspect the problem will be fuel system related. If you do
have
it starting well and running some, I will guess the flywheel key
is ok. I would pull the carb bowl, but you might just give it a
healthy dose of injector cleaner and let it run. The new alcohol
blend fuel is extremely hard on small engines.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"ransley" wrote in message

On May 3, 11:21 am, "Nelly Wensdow" wrote:

I have a 15-year-old Sears 4hp mower that I change the air
filter, plug &
oil each spring. It started & ran fine last week for the first
mowing, but
now it acts like it's running out of gas. Runs full fast then
slows way
down, back up again, etc. What could be causing this? TIA

Could be the govenor is sticking if it happens within a few
seconds,
its probably air vane , check linkage to see if you can move it
and
free it up moving it back and forth.

How do newer govenors work.