Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default GE Silicone II Sucks!!

On 03 May 2009 23:52:18 GMT,
(TommyV) wrote:

TommyV had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ks-172928-.htm
:
I wish I would have looked at this site before - GE Caulk sux big ones -
will not dry

If it doesn't dry, it was too old. Sometimes I can make a tube last
for years, but sometimes they get too old before then. IIRC it
sometimes smells sort of like vinegar when it's too old.

If you think it's too old, apply a dab to a piece of paper and wait to
see if it dries. If it dries nice, then do your job.

and is starting to crack - DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT - DO NOT
USE ANY GE CAULK AT ALL - THEY ARE THE WORST!!!

You know 10's, maybe 100's, of millions of people use it successfully.